The project "Southeast SafeNet: Preventing child trafficking and protecting unaccompanied minors in the Greek-turkish borders" -SESN (co-funded by the Internal Security Fund of the European Union) has been successfully completed after 29 months of implementation.
Within the framework of this project the following principal activities have been accomplished and tools have been developed:
- A tool that can facilitate all front-line professionals in identifying child victims of trafficking in human beings
- A handbook that accompanies the use of the tool on the identification for child victims of trafficking, providing all necessary background knowledge regarding the legal framework, developmental issues, post traumatic stress disorder, interview techniques with children, trafficking indicators per type of trafficking etc
- A database for the registration of unaccompanied minors and/or victims of trafficking
- Trainings with regard to the identification of child victims of trafficking to front-line professionals in Samos, Lesvos, Chios, Athens, Alexandroupoli, Fylakio Orestiadas in Greece and Izmir, Cesme, Ayvalik, Kusadasi, Bodrum, Edirne in Turkey
- Training on the use of the database in Athens
- Intervention workshops with unaccompanied minors resind in reception facilities in Thessaloniki, Crete, Patra, Pelion and Athens on empowerment, protection skills and children's rights
- Focus groups with the reception facilities' personnel in Athens, Crete, Patra and Pelion discussing integration procedures/issues of children and whtether there can be follow-up strategies after children absconding in order to make sure that they are safe
- awareness raising/ dissemination material about child trafficking (leaflets, posters, handbook of cases)
- a two-day conference on 23-24 May at the Titania Hotel in Athens
For further information and useful material please check under "About", "Events" or "Deliverables" and don't hesitate to contact us!
We are together in the fight against child trafficking!